Slades Farm Wiltshire Guest House
Slades Farm is a Wiltshire guest house that sits right on the edge of Salisbury Plain, Wiltshire. Our guest house is located in the beautiful village of Edington, perfectly placed for you to visit the many local attractions nearby.
We’re only a stone’s throw away from Salisbury Plain, offering walkers and cyclists miles of open countryside to explore.
Slades Farm was built around 1795, and has been a working farm in the village for three families, changing its name to Slades Farm early in 1900.
Whether it’s a relaxing weekend you need or a chance to explore as much as possible, at Slades Farm Wiltshire guest house, we know that you will enjoy the local countryside.
With Salisbury Plain, Wiltshire, less than ½ mile away you can explore on foot with stunning walks across the huge expanse of Salisbury Plain on our doorstep. If you prefer a gentle stroll, the village itself has lots to offer with the local Farm Shop, Three Daggers Inn and the beautiful Edington Priory.
We offer a range of guided walks between 5-15 km from the farm. These are bookable in advance or during your stay.
Two Top walks:
Walk to the Horse!
- A 10k walk to the top of Westbury White Horse (with an optional lift back!)
- A shorter walk is also possible.
Kennet and Avon Canal
Walk many parts of this stunning canal including;
- Caen Hill Locks at Devizes
- The market town of Bradford on Avon
Cyclists have a fantastic opportunity to get away and access the beautiful Wiltshire countryside. Bikes can be stored at Slades Farm Wiltshire guest house (and cleaned up!)
Road cycling around Edington can be a gentle pedal around the country lanes or some serious mileage on the national cycle network.
Guided off-road cycling is available over a range of distances including:
- Westbury White Horse A fabulous way to see the views from the edge of the Plain and to stand at the top of one of Wiltshire’s most famous Landmarks
- Imber – the abandoned village of Imber is available at certain times of the year only, take advantage of the chance to cycle right across Salisbury Plan into the village.
A charge is made for these please enquire for details & bikes can be hired if requested in advance.
Looking for a great place to train and some fantastic multi-terrain running? Then come and stay for a few days to experience the raw and rugged area of Salisbury Plain.
The Imber Ultra race takes place every year in March over a 33-mile route.